Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Liquids & Surfaces


 This is my soup I ate. I took a picture because there was some type of oil on the top of the soup that never dissolved. I looked at the ingredients and vegetable oil was there so I believe that's what it is. How interesting it looked in real life! I hope you can see it.. I think the picture turned out pretty good.
 I used the microwave glass plate with this experiement. What can I say, I'm a college student I have less utinsels. This looks like a smiley face, but what it actually is is the glob that looks like his mouth is water that I poured on the glass. I put three different circles of water and they all clumped together.
 With this one, I first rubbed butter on the glass and then I put water on top of that. I put three drops like the other one. The drops did not move.. like we learned in class- oil and water don't mix!
 Shown above are water dropplets on metal. The water never moved or tried connecting with each other.

These two pictures above are of water on wood. I put the drops a little bit apart, as you can see above, and they connected together. They eventually soaked up into the wood slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment