Thursday, January 20, 2011

What do you see? Gas Excitation Spectra

Neon --- When I look at the ray of light without the glasses on I just see the bright orange color coming from this circle thing. When I use the glases next to the orange I see lines on the left and the right of the first big orange line. The lines vary in thickness and they are pretty faint actually but I do see some lines of orange off to the sides. COOL! Neon is really bright and I see a ton of lines and vivid colors. It's beautiful!

Helium --  I see eight lines of color around this like a star and its like the rainbow colors going up and off to the sides I see not as thick lines and not as bright also s-o fewer lines.

Nitrogen-- I see eight lines of color like a star going off like a rainbow and thick lines are off to the side like left and right but up and down and to the sides the lines are not that thick and they go up like a cone shape but still the same color.

Carbon Dioxide-- I again see eight lines shaped like a star and the left and the right are the same vary in thcikness but the otnes to the top and bottom are shaped like cones and then the ones on the side are faint but the resemble more like the side rays.

Argon -- This gas is purple in real life but it's more pink when I put the glasses on. When I get up close I see on the left and right side a long strip of purple green yellow red orange that is in lines and there are multiple lines of each color.. these are like in the air. and then when I look up and down I see just one line.

No comments:

Post a Comment