Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reflection of liquids and surfaces.

What a neat experiement! I really enjoyed this. Being that I live in the dorms, I thought I wouldn't have much to work with but I had more than I realized. I gathered all of the stuff I thought would work well together and made different combinations. By memory, I tried things I wanted to to see what would happen or things people have told me that I wanted to expereince for myself. I knew what would happen when I put water on wood and I made a plausable guess of what would happen when I put water on plastic.. just because of things I have seen before I was able to make that assumption. When I put dish soap, laundry soap and shampoo in water I basically wanted to see what would happen being that on a daily basis those things are mixed with water. I mean, how do we really know if all the shampoo is out of our hair? I was suprised to see that the laundry soap disappeared so suddenly. I knew the dish soap would sink to the bottom because I have seen that happen in real life. I've always known that butter repels water but I didn't know how it worked. Seeing it happen was cool because when I used to get butter on my hands and then try to wash it off it wouldn't work the greatest and I'd always wonder why, but now I know! Let's see.. the rest were plainly just experiements to see what would happen! I didn't have any of the odd stuff like oil or gas but it would have been interesting to see how that worked too.

No comments:

Post a Comment