Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Liquids & Surfaces

 On a plastic plate, I put water dropplets. These water dropplets did not end up connecting which suprised me.
 Here on a plastic plate I put butter and then water on top. The water never moved. The plastic texture must have a big impact on why and why not the water does not connect. How interesting!!
 What happened here suprised me so I had to post this picture. Once I put this drop on the plastic plate, it all of a sudden fell to the side of the plate - but it all went together! The water never split up like I would have expected it to. It stayed in a bubble.
 Here I put shaving cream and water together. I wanted to see what happened. It ended up disolving slowly you can see the start of it on the bottom left.
 My mom always told me that if you put vaseline on and then took a shower the water would repel.. so you see vaseline more towards the front of the picture and then I put water too.. the water didn't disolve.. it repeled- mom was right.
 Above is a cup of water that I put dish soap into. The soap didn't make bubbles it sat there for a while and then slowly disolved. How interesting to think-- when we wash dishes where do all those bubbles come from then?! I've realized in my fair share of doing dishes that when you swoosh the water around with the soap thats how you make bubbles.
 In this cup I put laundy detergent with water. As soon as I put the laundry soap in it disminished and disolved. Interesting.
 Here I put shampoo in water. I wondered how it worked in the shower.. It took a while to disolve but it did eventually.
Here I put lotion on the plastic plate and then added water. I wanted to see what hapened. Nothing happened- ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment