Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Results of liquid/surface experiment- Homework 1/12/11

 For all of my experiments I made a graph for each surface I used... so the following surfaces are: glass, metal, plastic cup, plastic plate and metal. In the key is the substance or substances I used on the type of surface (graph name). How I recorded it is I wrote things the substance did together or to the surface; things such as: water and mixture repeled, water dropplets stayed in one place, water dropplets connected to another, water and mixture dissolved over time. On each graph it is different- graphing what happened when the substance was conncted with the surface of another substance.

The picture shown above is wood. I mixed water with wood and the two captions on the bottom say water dissolved on surface and water dropplets connected to another.
 The surface used here was a plastic cup and the things I added together were water and dish soap, water and laundy detergent, and water and shampoo. Across the bottom says water and mixture dissolved over time and water mixture dissolved right away.
 This one is almost easy to read! except for the stuff on the bottom which says.. water and mixture repeled, water and mixture dissolved over time, water dropplets stayed in one place.
 On a glass plate, I put water and then water and butter. When I did that I got water and mixture repeled, water dropplets stayed in one place, water dropplets connected to another reading accross the bottom.
Lastly, with a metal surface I just added water. Across the bottom it reads water dropplets stayed in one place and did not absorb into surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment